Friday, December 16, 2016

Event # 2

Image may contain: 1 person, text

 For my second event I went to the second clinic for Beat the Streets Wrestling on November 11th.  For the first clinic I actually participated but for this one I had injured my hand during a previous practice so I had to watch.  Although I couldn't wrestle I was still able to help the kids out.  At this clinic I saw some leading with which was awesome.  At one of the stations with a couple of the coaches they asked the kids what move they wanted to learn or they would show them a few moves and let them pick their two favorite.  Seeing that reminded me of the article I read about leading with.  Like I've said before that is an awesome teaching technique to have because it really gets the youth engaged and makes them feel like they have a say and they aren't just being bossed around.

 Beat the Streets
Youth Voice
wrestling




No comments:

Post a Comment